{What's In a Name?}

Tuesday, February 7, 2012
When we started this whole venture we had one thing in common...
{Me (Annalee), Karen (Our Mom), and Melinda (Sister)}

We LOVE all things WHITE.. and Vintage.
(Ok, so maybe we had 2 things in common!)

After talking about doing this kind of thing for a long time we realized that the only thing holding us back was ourselves. It was then that we decided to just jump in, with both feet, and just do it. 
It really has been a big dream of ours for such a long time.

One of the first things we had to do was find our name. 

After lots of good ideas, and probably more bad ones, someone said "The White Place." 

All of a sudden there was a quiet moment between all three of us. You see, the term "White Place" has always been in our families vocabulary. Here is a little history... Both my parents are from a small area in South East Idaho called "Teton Valley." (Now most people know it as Driggs or Victor.) Anyway, they both grew up there, with their own parents also growing up there as well. My Grandpa (My dad's father Duane Kunz) owned a beautiful piece of property on the river right in the middle of this valley. On it, years ago, used to be a Homestead, and the former owner's last name was White. My grandpa always referred to that ground as "The White Place." The tradition was handed down and ever since that area has been called "The White Place." 

I remember being young and going there with my grandpa, my dad, and lots of cousins to "doctor cows," check on cows, float in the river, and a little fishing (I don't remember catching anything!). I even remember one time me and my cousins thought it would be fun to go swimming in the giant mud hole... in our clothes. Afterwards we just dunked ourselves in the river and walked back to Grandpa's house, although our parents didn't think it was a very good idea, I remember my Grandpa smiling at all of us covered in mud. 

Anyway, I could go on and on, there was so many great memories of my childhood spent in that Valley. 

So with that there was really no discussion. It fit. 
And now because of our love affair with all things white and old, we decided our market was going to target just that. We would gather our finds, paint, distress, and bring back to life, then we would sell them at "The White Place," our own little Flea market. 

We are still learning, growing, downsizing, expanding, you name it. But we are excited to continue on with this Market. We hope you enjoy it as much as we do!

And with that, Ill leave you with a little eye candy... most days we get our own inspiration online looking at great rooms like these...


all pictures courtesy of Countryliving.com

1 comment:

thecherries said...

Hey! I live in Teton Valley!!

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design